Boo Boo

When I walked into Giggles' room this morning, she covered her eyes with her hands and said "Boo Boo" (as in Peek-a-boo). She often starts the p-a-b game when I walk in to greet her in the mornings, but since she couldn't say it for herself, she'd wait for me to say peek-a-boo before uncovering her eyes. Today marked the first time that she's ever actually said "peek-a-boo" to me, and it was sooo cute.

She's talking more and more every day. She says teta (bottle), Sunshine, Dada, Mama, No, Drink, Sit, papa (eat), ball, bowl, cat, bird, fish, thank you, and more. She's still working on getting Pumpkin's name, but she tries. It's sounding better and better.

Last week, we ran into a photographer friend at the park, and he snapped these beautiful pictures of Giggles playing on the slide. I think he captured her personality well in the pictures, but especially so in the one of her crinkling her nose and gnashing her teeth (below). That's totally her! I'm just glad she wasn't wearing her usual attire of dirty food-covered clothing that day, haha.










In less happy boo-boo related news, I decided, on the spur of the moment, to take the kids and meet up with some fellow moms and their kids for dinner at our local Chick-Fil-A last night. As I was tidying up the kitchen before leaving, I accidentally smashed Giggles' finger with the refrigerator door. Augh! At first, she was shaking and kicking and could barely make a sound, but when she got her lungs back, oh man, did she let loose! My poor little baby. Wah!!! As I rocked her and calmed her down, I started wondering whether we should just stay home after all. I bandaged her little finger up where it was bleeding and convinced myself that we should go ahead as planned. Then, just as we were walking out the door, Pumpkin inadvertently poked his eye with a toy he was holding and, of course, started to cry. Oh my gosh....I'm heaving a big ole sigh just thinking about last night's misadventures. What a weird night. I seriously wondered whether God or the Universe was trying to keep me home last night, ha ha.

BTW, you'll be happy to hear that her injured finger looks great today as does Pumpkin's eye (that was doubly injured yesterday, but that's another story).

No comments:

Post a Comment