Welcome Back, Kiddies

Surprisingly, when I asked Pumpkin if he wanted to go back to Colorado and return to school, he said yes.  I'd have bet money that he would've elected to stay in Texas and be with his cousins until we actually "moved" to Texas.  I would've lost.  Anyway, I was glad that he wanted to return because he was able to spend some time with his friends before we had to go for good. 

Shortly after we arrived back in Colorado, it snowed!  It wasn't quite enough to go sledding, but I made sure to take the kids outside to play since we are not likely to have an opportunity like this again once we move.  We didn't see any of our friends right away, but we ran into a few of them at a community fair we attended in nearby Beacon Point so that was nice.  Thinking about it now, I suppose the reason we didn't immediately jump back into things (or call any of our friends) was partly because I felt a bit weird that we were only going to be seeing everyone just to say goodbye.  As stated so eloquently in "The Gilmore Girls" (and I'm paraphrasing) there's nothing good about goodbyes.  They should be called badbyes!"




In honor of our upcoming move, we celebrated by eating Texas-shaped sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment