Day 4: High School Daze

Things melt so fast here that it's easy to fall behind on one's blogging. Here's the scoop from our past few days in Texas.

On Day 2, Pumpkin and I met his Gwandma Toni at our usual fun spot for some air hockey and bad pizza.

The next day, I lunched with my sister Anne then met my Cuz (aka The Godmother) for a couples massage. We'd planned to chat during the massages, but we were both so relaxed that we just dozed off (at least I think I did). Ahhh...

Unfortunately, our relaxation was short-lived. After our massages, Cuz took me to pick up my truck, which was being serviced at the GMC dealership. After I got out of her car, she was getting ready to leave, and some dolt backed his F-350 right into her brand, spanking new Maxima crushing her car's bumper and trunk. What a shame. :( At least the dumbass had insurance!

Anyway, that evening, I took Pumpkin and his cousins Cas and Van to my sister Chela's house, as planned, for our HSM 2 party (that's High School Musical 2 for you uninitiated folks). We ate popcorn, drinks, burgers, and sweets while watching the big premiere! Ron had announced earlier that he wasn't going to watch the "stupid movie," but he sat through the whole thing same as the rest of us, hehe. Unfortunately, I was so engrossed in the movie that I failed to snap many fotos, but here are a couple:













Today is Day 4 of our Texas trip. Today, I permitted Ron to babysit Pumpkin for the first time ever while Chela and I met Coach Vic for some good ole' Texas Whataburger! It was actually Ron's first time being left alone, period, and I think he proved his mettle. He prepared mac-n-cheese for Pumpkin for lunch, watched Barney with him, and even tried to put him down for a nap (though Pumpkin apparently refused to stay in bed). We were so impressed that Chela even agreed to let him stay home alone again that evening while we went to our cousin's daughter's birthday party.

As you can see, it was a swimming pool party, and the kids had a blast. We hung out for a couple of hours then we gave the Mans a ride back to their house and went back to ours (aka Grandma & Grandpoo's) to shower and change. After we were dressed, I took Pumpkin back to the Mans' for a little impromptu slumber party with Ron and Lis. Pumpkin didn't seem at all bothered that I was leaving and actually sent me off happily with a "Bye, Mommy!" I came back home and settled in on the sofa to watch HSM 2 again (b/c there was nothing else on). I've been half-expecting to get a phone call asking me to pick him up, but it seems he's fine b/c it's already 2am and no phone call. Whew! I'm so glad....and now, it's nite-nite time for me too. Gotta pick up my rugrat bright and early tomorrow. NOT!

Damn that HSM2...I can't get it out of my head! You are the music in me....Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment