Accidental Music Fan

I remember when I first saw this video. I was having lunch at the University Center at U of H, and this video was repeating on the monitors overhead. No sound, just that crazy video...over and over and over. It reminded me of Prince when he was still cool. I was mesmerized. I eventually figured out what song it was, and I ran out and bought the CD. Unfortunately, though I listened to it extensively, I realized after a while that the music of Outkast wasn't exactly to my taste. But that's ok. It's still a great song...and the video still rocks!



Come to think of it, that's kind of the same way I got into "My Chemical Romance." Whenever I was visiting my parents in Texas, I'd often stay up really late watching whatever was playing on TV (since I didn't have cable TV in my own home at the time). One night, I stumbled across an obscure channel that switched to playing music videos late at night and allowed viewers to rank them. I returned to that channel often, and it seemed that the video for "...Black Parade" was always on. Not wanting to disturb my parents' sleep, I kept the TV on "mute" so I never knew what the song sounded like, but the video was fascinating. Almost gleeful (like a parade should be) but dark and sinister at the same time. It took me a while to figure this one out, but it's now one of Pumpkin's favorite songs too, and we jam to it whenever we're cruising around in my "red mommy car" ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment