Books Books and More Books

I just noticed how behind I was on my reading list. Well, it's updated now. I'm currently reading the Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean. It's an interesting depiction of dementia and also of the siege of Leningrad of which I admit I know next to nothing. As I read these books about life during war, I just can't quite picture it. I mean, I can imagine it, but I somehow can't conceive of living that way. Air raids, sirens, packed in with hundreds of other families. I can barely conceive what it would've been like for us had we still been living in Seabrook when Hurricane Ike hit. No power or clean water for weeks with a baby and a small child at home...but in our own home at least. So picture me...boiling water to prepare formula for Giggles. Personally, I'm drawing a blank.

I actually had to put the book aside last night to finish reading the book for my mom's book club. We met tonight on what just happened to be the coldest night we've had all week. Per my weather bug, it's 5-degrees outside. Yikes!

Well, the kids are asleep, and I already forgot what I was going to say so I'll just say goodnight. Now, I'm off to continue reading Madonnas of Leningrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment