I Am Vindicated!

Whenever I'm on the computer at night, QT's constant refrain to me runs along the lines of: "don't stay up too late" or "come to bed" "are you coming upstairs yet?" I've explained to him time and again that I need this "alone time" to unwind and enjoy some peace and quiet after having spent the whole day with the kids and the animals, but he doesn't seem to understand what I mean. I'm not sure how my losing a bit of sleep every now and then in favor of some alone time affects him, but I guess it must because he's incessant about this. And so it goes...EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So, we just returned from a family trip to New Mexico. All things considered, the kids and the dog all behaved remarkably well during our trip. The trip itself was lots of fun. We stayed pretty busy each day and about collapsed into bed each night. Imagine my surprise then when, on the 2nd or 3rd night of our trip, QT stayed up well past our "bedtimes" to surf the 'Net...on his own...in the peace and quiet of night. Two (maybe 3) full days in the company of our wonderful and lively children, and he's finally getting the whole "alone time" vs. "sleep time" thing I've been trying to explain to him all along. No matter that he was doubly exhausted the next day from lack of sleep. It was totally worth it. I say, HA!!! I am vindicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment