Tuesday

Except, I think it might actually already be Wednesday.

Anyway, here's all the news that's fit to print. At the very last minute on Sunday evening, my sisters and I decided to enroll our kids in a week-long summer camp that was starting on Monday at the Imaginarium (formerly the Laredo Children's Museum). I thought of putting Pumpkin in the same class with his older cousins. I actually think he would've handled the content matter just fine, but as soon as I heard the instructor say "ancient Rome," I knew he'd be better off with the other preschoolers. QT & I have introduced the concept of countries to him before, of course, but I don't think Pumpkin has any idea what ancient even means. And that was just in the first 15 minutes on the first day of the class! Now, if she'd said "Very Old Rome"....well, maybe that would've been a different story, hehe.

He seems to be enjoying himself regardless. As a preschooler, his lessons are much shorter than those of the older kids, and he also gets more playtime so I don't think he's minding it too much (being w/o his cousins, I mean). He still gets to see his cousins during shared playtime and at lunch. I also paid a bit extra to leave him there an extra hour after preschool camp is over so that he could stay until his cousins' class is over.

In the evenings, Pumpkin is taking swimming lessons with Sofia, my brother's daughter. The classes are being given by my brother's neighbor, who is a former well-known dance instructor here, and Pumpkin's doing great with her. He's taken to the water like, well, like a fish to water. Yesterday, he even jumped in the water and dunked his head TWICE. All on his own. To be fair, I don't think he meant to dunk his head either time, but he also wasn't upset when it turned out that way.

In between camp and swimming, he just runs around goofing off with whoever's here. Usually Lissa. By the end of the day, he's so tired that he can barely finish dinner, and he slurs his words like a little drunken man. Last night, he told me that it was his bedtime already. Poor baby. Unfortunately for him and for me, Giggles picked last night to wail, scream, and generally carry on like a mini-banshee. The noise kept Pumpkin awake, and I finally just took him into my parents' room to sleep. Even though he could barely even walk by then, he still didn't want to leave Giggles behind because she was still crying. What a good boy!

Giggles...well, she's a handful. No surprise there. She's crawling all over the place. She pulls herself into a standing position in her crib, in the living room, and pretty much wherever she happens to be. I'm afraid she'll be toddling soon. Since hardly anyone here has carpet in their homes, we brought a walker for her to use here, and she tears around in that thing. So far, so good. The only things that have been broken are those I dropped while attempting to baby-proof my mom's living room so that Giggles wouldn't knock anything over. LOL!

I finally took some pictures at swimming yesterday. Now to figure out how to post them from a borrowed PC. Tomorrow, we're going to a birthday party! Busy busy. Stay tuned!

2 comments: