Birthdays Galore

This month, Pumpkin and I took Giggles sledding for the first time. Getting there proved to be a bit of a logistical challenge because the sidewalks were dry, but the park was covered with snow so I couldn't pull them there in their sleds, but I also couldn't pull them all the way in the wagon because it wouldn't make it. I ended up having to load both kids in the wagon, carry 1 of the sleds, and have Pumpkin pull the other sled behind him. By the time we arrived at the park entrance (1 block away), I was beginning to think it might have been a bad idea to try this on my own, but I persevered.


I parked (read: abandoned) our wagon at the park entrance, and we proceeded from there via sled. The park entrance is shady, and thus very icy and slippery, and I nearly fell once or twice, but we finally made it to the hill. Giggles was very excited to be out in the snow, but unfortunately, her cute little snowsuit didn't quite stand up to the elements as well as I'd expected. Before I realized what was happening, the feet on her little suit had gotten soaked, and Giggles' own feet were very, very cold. Thankfully, a friend had brought her kids over to sled with us so I was able to leave Pumpkin with her while I rushed Giggles back home to change her into some warm, dry clothes. And yes, I had to pull her back to the park entrance in the sled, then transfer her over to the wagon, then walk home as quickly as possible without slipping, then shuck our wet clothes and boots at the door, then dry and warm her up, then rush upstairs to find new clothes, then dress her, then pull our coats back on, then load her back up in the wagon....well, I'm sure you get the picture. Needless to say, I was a fried and sweaty mess by the time our sledding adventure was over that day, haha. But it was fun!

November was also a busy month for us birthday-wise. We celebrated mine in the usual style (as per QT's incredible planning), and we celebrated friends' birthdays at the usual spots (Chuck E Cheese, kid gyms, Chuck E Cheese, etc), and we ate lots of cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment