The Price of Negligence

We found out today that Pumpkin has 9 cavities! I think they said 9..maybe it was 7. I can really only remember 5 of them, but either way, it was a lot! At least 5 or 7 or 9 more than I would've expected. Four of them are where his molars touch, which boils down to 2 for the price of 1 since those 2 cavities end up affecting 4 teeth,

Because there are so many cavities to repair, Pumpkin will need to be sedated for the procedure. Because he has a history of RAD, the procedure can only be done in a hospital setting instead of at the dentist's office. So, the cost of our negligent parenting is whatever the cost will be for the hospital room, the anesthesiologist or whoever does the sedation, plus of course, the dentist herself. I'm still paying off the hospital bill from when Giggles was born, and now this. Damn.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the cavity bugs :( Make sure you check with your health insurance regarding the hospital part of the procedure. Kaitlyn has to do the same thing for her wisdom teeth removal and her health insurance is covering the anesthesia and hospital part of the surgery.

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! Paige had a bunch of cavities when she was younger too. She even had to have caps put on. I was told this is very common in kids, and cavities in the baby teeth are ok... so don't beat yourself up too much! I know I did, and when I look back now I don't know why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. It's nice to know we're not the only ones to have this happen.

    ReplyDelete