Itchy and Scratchy!

That's me after having gone into the attic to try and find this elusive pipe thing that's supposed to connect straight from the attic to the basement to make it easier to wire the house for sound, cable, etc. Dang insulation is the blow-in kind so it was impossible to tell what or where everything was. I was thinking of calling the builder's office to ask them where I would find this fabled pipe, but in going through my paperwork to figure out what the heck it's called, I can't find record of it existing at all in our house! It seems the "Design Center" detail sheet is missing from all of our paperwork!! . Coincidence? I think not!

Anyway, I'm done with that. I'm just going back to my original plan of drilling a hole from one room to another in order to run the cable extension that I want. Bah!

My Son the Jr. Super-Genius

The other night, Pumpkin and I were driving home from the store, and he says, "I can't see moon, Mommy." He enjoys looking up at the moon and stars, and he always points them out to us. Well, I made some mumbling noises in response to his statement, and then he says, "Sky cloudy. Can't see moon." Whoa, kid! Where'd you learn that? For starters, even I couldn't tell that the sky was cloudy until I got out of the car to check! Next, he's gonna be telling me what type of clouds are in the sky "Those cumulus clouds, Mommy." hehehe

The next morning, I'm changing him getting ready to head out for our daily whatever, and he starts showing me his toy cars ("That Bastian's car.") I think it's so cute the way he says his name so I ask him what my name is. I tell him I'm Mommy, but he says, "You Cristina" (Actually, it sounds more like "You Kwitina" but still, whoa! My eyeballs nearly popped out of my head when I heard that. Seriously, this is getting painful.)

Hardly anyone calls me Cristina, but I suppose he's heard my CO friends call me that. I'm dumbfounded, not only that he's apparently paying attention, but also that he remembers what he hears. I guess it really is time to start watching what I say...for the reals this time!

2 comments: