I did it!

I still haven't finished transferring all the pictures I took while in Texas, but I suppose it's time to move along anyway so here's what's new.

For his birthday, I gave QT a new XM radio that's also an MP3 player, and as usual, he wasn't too enthused about his gift. He put it away and supposedly did not think about it again until Pumpkin & I returned from Texas a couple of weeks later. When I got back from Texas, I asked QT when he was going to have his new radio installed, and he said something like, possibly maybe someday soon he might take his truck to Best Buy to get it done...maybe (hehe, I've taken a bit of artistic license here). I even offered to meet him at Best Buy after work the next day so that he could drop off his truck, and nothing.

The following weekend, I decided that if he wasn't going to get it done, I may as well give it a shot myself. I mean, I've sat alongside my brother and watched him install plenty of radios over the years. I figured it couldn't possibly be that difficult, and besides, I once installed my own radio antenna! ;)

So, I started messing around in QT's truck and somehow managed to remove the previous radio without damaging anything or cutting any wires. From there, it was easy enough to figure out how to install the new radio, and Presto Chango! I did it! (that's one of Pumpkin's favorite phrases, btw)

Here's a pic of my handiwork:
I'm so proud of myself! I think QT was too b/c he immediately set out learning how to use it and has already recorded dozens of songs on it. When he got home from work the following day, it was easy to see that he was truly happy with his new radio. And, when he told me that he LOVED his gift, I even believed him. :)

1 comment:

  1. Pshhhht, mine has been heck to istall. We took it to Best Buy to have it done, and they said we now had to buy a 30 dollar additional part to it. I couldnt believe it.. UGH!! So, still not installed. How much do YOU charge for car audio installation, oh talented one?

    ReplyDelete