Just call me Cap'n Crunch

We've been scrambling to get our taxes done in time this year (for a change), but we've run into a few difficulties dealing with some business property transactions that took place last year. What a bummer. We use TaxCut so I even tried logging on to H&R Block to ask for "live help" but the dratted thing erased everything I'd input so I just gave up.

Fortunately, a good friend of mine referred me to Kim, the H&R Block consultant, who'd worked on her taxes. Even better, Kim the Tax Lady was able to squeeze me in for an appointment on the same day I called! Kim not only answered all of my questions for free, she even gave me her number in case I encountered more problems after I got back home and resumed work on my taxes. Now THAT's good service.
***********************************
Well, taxes were due at midnight today (technically, yesterday since it's well past midnight now). By 11:35pm, I had finally muddled through to the point where I felt confident enough with what I'd done to even suggest to QT that we file an extension. By my reckoning, WE WEREN'T GOING TO OWE ANY MONEY! That's right. ZIP. ZILCH. ZERO. I can hardly believe it. I'm totally stunned not to mention completely exhilarated at the prospect of keeping my house and home. Oh boy! This calls for a celebration! I think I'll have some celery. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hahah!!! Wonderpets!!! I caught you watching the show you hated!

    ReplyDelete