Class Notes

Goodness me! Has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted? My, I'm really letting this thing go, aren't I?

Well, here's an update for you guys. I mentioned previously that the Field Office at the UH Grad School of Social Work originally wanted me to move back to Texas to do my internship. Well, after many useless attempts at negotiating, I finally had no choice but to file a grievance against the Field Director to get her to understand that it would literally be impossible for me to leave my family behind and move back to Texas to (basically) take a college class. I mean, if my job right now is SAHM, then what would I do? Quit my job? Anyway, I mailed my grievance letter to the Dean right before we left on our trip to Avon. By the time we got back from our vacation, the Field Director and I had already reached an agreement. :)

I'm happy to report that I will be doing my internship in Denver and from the comfort of my own home base. I've even already found a placement (though I'm not technically supposed to "promise" myself to any agency until I get the go-ahead, but the Field Director seemed to think it'd be ok when I mentioned it to her). I'm actually very excited about this place b/c it seems so different from anything else I've done up to now in the field of social work. The agency is called CHARG, and they have been sooooo incredibly patient in their dealings with me and with the GSSW. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about going back to work after being away for so long. I'd like to think that it's like "riding a bike" and that I'll be able to just pick up where I left off, but I honestly don't know if I'm up to the task. Now, if a client comes in and wants to sing nonstop Wiggles songs, I'm their man! If they have more serious matters to discuss; however, I'm not exactly sure how I'll be handling those. Perhaps I should reread some of my textbooks.......nah!

Anyway, tonight, I'm enjoying a quiet evening at home (which is why I suddenly have time to blog again). QT took Pumpkin and the neighbor boys out for some pizza. He wants to make this "boys night out" a weekly ritual for him and Pumpkin. I know Pumpkin must've really enjoyed himself last time they went out alone b/c he's been asking me all week if "Daddy come to pick up me?"

Ok, I have to say it. That kid is so dang smart even if he can't quite form a sentence correctly. The other day, he was holding a crayon with both hands, and he put his arms up over his head then slightly behind. When I asked him what he was doing, he said "I stretching, Mommy." Now, where the heck did he even learn what stretching means? I have to give the credit for this one to the kids back home b/c it sure didn't come from me, Ms. Anti-Exercise!

So, what good's a post without a pic? Here's a really cute one of Pumpkin and his absopositively favorite cousin Lis. Sure, it's a little blurry, but I love it because he looks so incredibly happy. They both do.

No comments:

Post a Comment