Out of Control Advertising?

After sitting through a couple of Mirena commercials, Pumpkin has decided he wants to get Mirena. I suppose this is because life looks like so much fun in Mirena-world. I told him he couldn't have any because it's only for girls, and he seemed to accept that. Then, the commercial came on again a bit later, and now he wants to know what Mirena is used for. LOL. It's like a cosmic joke!

Just the other day, he was asking (again) about his baby sister and where she was and when she'd be ready, etc etc. Then, he took a long look at me and asked "when my baby sister is ready, how is she going to get out of your tummy?"

I'm not generally squeamish about teaching him the proper names for body parts, but so far, I've managed to avoid teaching him the word 'vagina.' For whatever reason, that word does make me a bit squeamish, but I also can't bring myself to make up a goofy name for a body part or come up with some fairy story about how babies are born (or created, though, thankfully, he hasn't asked about that YET). So, right then and there, I told him about vaginas and explained that's where babies come out of when they're born.

I should explain that I was on "the potty" at the time (those of you with kids will understand how it is that he and I came to have a conversation like this while I was using the restroom, lol). Well, upon hearing my explanation, he peered aghast into the bowl and exclaimed, "she's going into the potty?!"

Maybe I should've titled this post "Kids Are Nuts" haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment