Vampires & Monsters

I was watching TV the other day and was surprised and excited to see that HBO is developing a new series based on my favorite vampire books by Charlaine Harris! Based on the previews I saw, unfortunately, neither the characters nor the settings are anything like what I've pictured in my head as I've read the books, but I suppose that doesn't really matter since I don't even have HBO at home, haha. Hopefully, I'll get to watch the series on DVD at some point. I don't really have the patience to watch a weekly show anyway.

In other news, the thing that I'd long feared at home finally came to pass. My neighbor's monster dog escaped from his house and attacked my other neighbor's 11 year-old son at his own house! Cal survived with just a few stitches, but the outcome would've been much worse had "Monster" gotten his fangs on any of the smaller kids.

Many of you have heard me complain about the neighbor's monster dog. Whenever we take Sunshine out to the back yard, the monster chases us back and forth along the fence barking and snarling like a rabid beast until we run back inside our house. It's very unnerving, especially because we know he's jumped the fence at least once before and could easily do it again. My fear was that, one day, this idiot monster dog will get himself so worked up that he'll come at us over the fence, and I won't be able to stop him from getting to my baby. "Monster" easily weighs 3-4 times as much as Pumpkin, and tiny, little Sunshine would just be an appetizer to him. I've even gone so far as to price baseball bats because I'd like to have something with which to defend myself should the unthinkable ever occur, but I haven't set my mind on it yet. Besides, I'm not sure I want Pumpkin to see me pummeling a dog to death. Yes, death...because if that beast ever attacked my little boy, I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to stop myself from killing him.

Much anger in me there is. Yes.






And, yes, I've talked to the neighbors about their dog. Some months ago, I was having a bad morning (as many of my mornings have been since I became pregnant). I let "the kids" outside to play, and almost immediately, I heard the beast start carrying on as usual. I brought Pumpkin and Sunshine inside, but I was so enraged that I literally marched over to the neighbor's house in my slippers and banged on the door until someone answered (many minutes later--and I did ring the doorbell first, but they didn't answer that either ;). As calmly as I could manage, I told them my concerns about their monster dog and asked them to do something about him. After that, they started taking him inside whenever we'd step outside so things are a little bit better, but obviously, "Monster" has the capacity to get away from them, and as we can see, the results can be disastrous.

Cal's
parents pressed charges, and the dog has been under house arrest (i.e. quarantine) since the incident. QT and I are trying to see if there's any way we can add a statement to their case asking the court to get rid of the dog. Let's hope. I'll update y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment