Giggles Update

To start things off, here are Giggles and Pumpkin enjoying a ride courtesy of Daddy.











My giggly little girl is getting around better and better and just plain doing more every day. And, she's full of surprises!

Yesterday, the kids and I went over to a friend's house to visit, and wouldn't you know it, the toy that most attracted Giggles was (drum roll please)....a baby doll with its own pacifier and crib. Giggles would clamber into the toy crib and try to give the "baby" its pacifier. So cute!!

Week before last, she started eating more regular food and also drinking water from a sippy cup. Finally. I think she'd actually been ready to do these things for a while; however, her parents had simply failed to notice that she was getting older and more able, hehe. So, now the kids and I might enjoy a nice breakfast of cheesy ham and eggs or some oatmeal with yogurt and fruit or bagels and/or muffins or bread with jam. For lunch, she'll have bread and chicken or turkey...all of this in just-barely-visible-to-the-eye pieces, of course (meaning she's graduated from the microscopic pieces I used to give her). She also enjoys finger foods like Gerber's wagon wheels or veggie crisps, which are like Cheetos but made with veggies. She also still eats #3 baby food from a jar. Lately, she's been sampling Earth's Best "My First Soups." Her favorite so far is Butternut Squash Bisque.

Last week, Pumpkin and I were in the kitchen after breakfast, and I happened to glance over to the family room. Something totally incongruous caught my attention, and it was a few beats before I realized what I was looking at. It was my baby girl STANDING on the arm of the sofa with her little leg stretched out as if about to walk right off! Talk about a heart-stopper! I don't even remember what I was holding in my hands, but I dropped whatever it was and raced to family room to (hopefully) catch Giggles before she leapt from the sofa. (I caught her.)

The following day, I was in the office, and Giggles was playing on the floor behind me. Next thing I knew, she was standing on top of her brother's desk chair, happy as a clam. This time, I decided not to rescue her from the chair. I figured the fall from his chair is a lot shorter (and less harmful) than the fall from any adult-sized piece of furniture in our house. Sure enough, she fell off the chair. She cried. I picked her up. She stopped crying. She moved on to other mischief. Lesson not learned.

As I sit here typing, she has once again clambered onto her brother's desk chair to watch him construct the Transcontinental Railroad on his Lionel Trains Trans-Con! PC game. Perhaps I misspoke and she did learn a lesson because, this time, she's sitting on the chair instead of standing on it. I'll take it. Anyway, the two of them look so cute sitting together at their little desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment