Back Home (Snowing Again)

Well, as it turned out, we didn't fare much better for the final portion of our San Diego trip than we did at the onset. I came down with the same stomach virus that felled Pumpkin and spent our last full day in San Diego lying around Joe and Ranny's house like a limp rag. Unfortunately, that meant missing out on Legoland, but at least we got to spend a lovely afternoon at Balboa Park before I got sick. Here are some of my favorite snapshots of Pumpkin from our last couple days in SD:

The 1st one was taken while we were strolling around the grounds at Paradise Point. I think he looks like a little schoolboy (so cute!). The other 2 were taken in Joe and Ranny's lush backyard while "Mommy" (me) was sick in bed. Incidentally, the guys' landscaping is absolutely stupendous, but I won't post those pics here. You'll find those and the rest of our vacation pics where I post all our pics, on the Rocky Baby Picture Show. Not now, of course, as I'm still a bit behind on that site, haha,...but eventually! I promise. Anyway, the last picture is of Pumpkin and I riding the open-air trolley at Balboa Park mere hours before I got sick.

As nice as it was visiting with Joe and Ranny, I was very glad to return to Colorado, where I could at least be sick in my own home. I gotta say, though, I LOVED the ease with which I was able to reach the bath sink to puke my guts out. Great design-planning, Guys! I'll be sure to remember that when it's time to remodel over here. ;)

Well, I'm happy to report that, though this illness lingered for a bit, both Pumpkin and I have been completely restored for over a week now. Yay! BTW, it snowed again in Colorado a few days after we returned from California. Bah! Enough of the lies!

2 comments:

  1. Aiii, the little schoolboy! Glad you are all well... for now.

    Bwah.

    ReplyDelete