Where'd all the March go?

Pumpkin and I are in Texas now. We arrived 7 days ago, hit the ground running, and have been on the go since then. It's Spring Break here, you see, and Pumpkin hadn't seen his "cousins" since Christmas so there's a lot of catching up to do. We've already been to a dance recital, played at the pizza place, watched a lawn hockey "game," jumped on the trampoline by moonlight, had a picnic at the park, been to the Children's Museum, had lunch at Salsa's a gazillion times, and danced/sang/watched/listened to The Wiggles another bazillion times (per day).



Bedtime for Pumpkin is now closer to midnight than 9pm, and every nap is a huge struggle, though ultimately, he tends to just pass out after a couple of minutes of crying and fussing about not wanting to go "nite-nite" so it's not too bad except that after he's asleep, I still have to locate all Pumpkin's bottles and cups and make sure nothing stayed out in the car w/milk in it (ugh!). I also have to shower and make sure we have clean clothes for the next day, and of course, I have to charge my camera and my phone, download the pictures from the camera to leave it ready for our next big adventure, and then I still have to find time to read a few pages from my current novel!! I swear, a woman's work is never done!! ;)

Frankly, I'm wiped. Case in point: earlier tonight, when it was still Friday, we were supposed to go watch Pumpkin's godfather's mariachi band play (Shown: Godfather & Pumpkin c.12/2005).
We didn't go b/c I was just too tired. Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you see it), Godmother, who's super-preggers right now, was also too tired so we both settled for staying home instead. The older kids had all gone to a hockey game, the Aunts & Uncles were all out spending money, Grandma and Grandpoo were out drinkin' and carousing, and Pumpkin & I were home alone for the first time since our arrival. I ran out and picked up some tortas (aka: heart attack on a bun), and I even briefly entertained the notion of putting Pumpkin to bed early for a change. NOT! The gang showed up before I'd even finished chewing my torte, haha. Here are a few pictures from the past few days. In the picture of the tiny dancers, Cass is 2nd from left and Lis is at far right. Then, there's Van, Ron, Grandpoo, Grandma, the group in the trolley and in the back of Mom's Navigator (with me driving), and the last is of Pumpkin and I ostensibly getting ready for bed but really just goofing off and having a blast!



2 comments:

  1. Omg, I loooved Seb's finish to the Wiggles song on the video hahah! I cant wait to show that one to Yeevy! Everyone looks like they're having a great time and I bet they all love when you guys are back in town. Of coarse we are enjoying lovely weather... but feat not, it shall no doubt snow upon your return. Miss you Pine and Seb! You're our favorites, too!

    Knuckle, mom to Yeevy and Yeevybaby. (??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see Spinal Tap? If so, there is a hilarious video at Paul's blog: www.tgisfw.com called "Queen by the Young Ones" - its hard to listen to - so turn down your volume haha

    ReplyDelete