My last book

BTW, I just wanted to tell you unsuspecting readers out there that I do NOT recommend my last read "Dancing naked at the edge of dawn" so if you're looking for an interesting new book to read, pick a different one. I found this one a bit too... frustrating. And verbose. The author seemed to prefer using 4 adjectives where one would've really sufficed...and the characters....good lord! Who the hell really has a friend who lies naked on a beach with her breasts pointing straight up in the air whilst holding a margarita?? (Seriously, regardless of how sensually beautiful she is, what normal 40-50 year-old woman's breasts can even point straight up in the air when she's lying on her back anyway? lol)

Sure, I have my eccentric friends just like everyone else, but get real. I don't have friends like the ones portrayed in this book (who all also smack of latent lesbianism...not that there's anything wrong with that!). Or, maybe, it's a white thing, and I just don't get it (me being Raz and all). Because I recall to mind a scene in a movie I saw a few months ago where a mother and her 3 adult daughters go to a spa and are disrobing together in the locker room, and I clearly remember thinking that would probably NEVER happen in my family. Of course, the movie characters were white and high-strung, haha.

I just started a new book: Portrait of an Unknown Woman by Vanora Bennett, which I am enjoying much more so far and would recommend to those of you, who enjoy historical fiction. Like I said, I've only just begun the book so it may get worse, but the writing is good, the plot interesting, and nothing I've read so far seems to indicate any of that will change.

I did finish Dancing Naked, by the way, and I even appreciated the ending somewhat. I just tired of the whole "men are bad" and "women are not only good but all secretly bisexual" theme that the author seemed to be trying to pound into my head. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment