Dead Computers and Such

I was browsing the 'Net yesterday trying to decide whether it would be worthwhile to buy new innards for my dead laptop or, perhaps, to have it professionally repaired. In the end, I decided that, since it's already dead, I'm just going to open that sucker up and see if I can't bring it back to life myself. I've never even opened up a laptop, but I don't think I can make it any less operational than it is right now.

The only obstacles I see are the obvious: time, kids, animal fur flying around. Back in the day, when I had both the time and the inclination, I could take my computer apart and mess with the pieces in a quasi-clean, static-free environment. Now, I'm far from being any sort of computer whiz. Heck, I'm not even a cheez whiz, but I did enjoy trying to do those kind of things myself rather than paying someone else to do them for me (just talking 'bout computers here ;).

So that's what I'm gonna do. Just as soon as I find myself with a couple of extra hours to kill and a clean, quiet place in which to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment