I Love Chicken (Biscuits)

Big news! Giggles had her first *solid* food! And no, your eyes are not deceiving you.

Yesterday, Giggles and I went to visit some friends at their home, and we took some breakfast Chick-n-Minis with us. I was holding Giggles in my lap while attempting to eat said Chick-n-Mini, and I noticed that she kept reaching for my biscuit. Just 2 days prior, I was drinking a soda while holding her, and she kept reaching for my glass so, this time, I thought..."hmmm, maybe she really is interested." I held the biscuit in front of her, and she licked it! I guess she liked the taste because she gave it a few more licks then grabbed it with her little hand. It was so cute!

I took a teeny tiny little chunk of my biscuit and placed it on her tongue, and she swallowed it--just like that! No gagging or anything! I gave her another couple of microscopic pieces (seriously, they could've been measured in microns, hehe). She ate all the pieces I gave her without any problem and would probably have gone for more, but I decided to end it there and just gave her a bottle instead. Keep in mind that although she's tasted various toys, cloths, and probably even the dog, she hadn't ingested anything up to this point except her milk, prescribed drugs, and yes, probably even a couple of dog or cat hairs, haha. So, hooray for Giggles! What's that? Rice cereal? Pshaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment