Update II

It turned out that Pumpkin's ear infection wasn't resolved with the previous 2 rounds of antibiotics after all...hence the fever. Damn you, Augmentin! I trusted you!

We found out yesterday that the other kids at his babysitter's are all having the same problem with these recurring ear infections. Bizarre and a bit scary too.

Anyway, back in Texas, three days after his final dose of Augmentin, Pumpkin was started on another antibiotic called Cedax, and he finally seems to be showing some improvement on this one. The silver lining on this cloud was that his "Beautiful Grandma" bought him yet another Thomas train set so that he'd feel better (I think it worked too!).

I was worried that Pumpkin wouldn't be ready for our return flight on Easter Sunday, but since all outgoing flights were sold out for Monday, I decided to just stick with the original flight plan and hope for the best. As it turns out, we very nearly were stuck in Texas anyway. The flight coming in from Dallas was delayed, which delayed our outgoing flight to Dallas, which would've made us miss our connection to Denver, which also happened to be the last flight out for the night, which meant we would've been stuck overnight at DFW. No thanks.

Fortunately, our flight was only delayed an hour (as opposed to the 2 hours we were first told when we arrived to check-in) so we had plenty of time in DFW to make our connection.

Funny story here: when we arrived at DFW, we went off in search of food. (BTW, I have to say that I think Terminal D is now my favorite terminal in all DFW! They've got everything there, even a Cantina Laredo (yum!)). Anyway, we strolled around checking out the various restaurants, I picked up some sandwiches and yogurt, and we proceeded to our gate. When we arrived at our gate, the emptiness of the passenger waiting area struck me, and I wondered where everybody else was. Figuring that we'd arrived early, I picked a bench and started to set out our "dinner" when I noticed a woman walk up to the gate counter, hand over her boarding pass, and head down the jetway.! Yikes! We weren't early at all; all the other passengers were already on board the plane! I quickly stuffed our sandwiches into my backpack, and Pumpkin and I hightailed it to the gate counter. Sure enough, they'd already boarded the plane, and even though we were among the last to board, we'd arrived in plenty of time. Whew! Crisis averted. haha

As you could see in my previous post, we made it home safe and sound (except for the puking), and all's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment