Eastbound and Down



QT just found out that his office is shutting down at 1 today so we're considering just driving down to Texas to reunite with Pumpkin.

My mom called me this morning because Pumpkin was (finally) asking for me. She passed the phone to him, and he didn't sound as happy as he had been these past few days. "Beautiful Grandma" told me they were on their way to the mall then to Target to buy some new Thomas trains, which ought to cheer him up a bit. Plus, his cousins get out of school early today so he'll have company soon enough, and he'll probably forget all about me again. I hope.

Unfortunately for me, mommy guilt has returned in full force, and now I have to seriously consider trucking down to Texas earlier than planned (my flight is scheduled for Tuesday). Problem is that we haven't even had time to unpack from our trip to Houston. We haven't done laundry, haven't cleaned litter boxes, haven't done squat. The milk in our fridge is expired, and I'm completely out of clean underwear that fits. Today, I had to resort to wearing clean-underwear-that-doesn't-fit (at least it's clean, haha). I'm not sure I can be ready in time. In fact, given the list of things that still need to get done around here, I'm actually just trying to talk myself back down from this ledge. I'll keep you posted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment