Houston, we have landed.

It's difficult to understand the feelings that swept over me as we drove into Houston. I was so happy to be back...unbelievingly happy considering that I completely disliked Houston when we first moved here back in 1995. The area around the airport is so lush and green and beautiful. I didn't even mind the humidity. Who knew I'd ever miss that?

In the evening, we even found time to visit the Wall of Water at the park formerly known as Transco (now Williams). Rather, we made time to visit the park. Sunshine behaved exceptionally during our entire trip not crying or whining once during our flight, and we felt he'd deserved a good old romp in the park. There were a few other families at the park, and both he and Pumpkin had a blast! Along with their new friends, they literally ran circles around me so that I had to stop watching them or get completely dizzy, haha. After his friends left, Pumpkin called his "Beautiful Grandma" to ask her when she was arriving. He's so excited to see her that he called her again this morning to ask her if we were going to Chuck E. Cheese when she got here, haha.

Today, QT is in Louisiana on business, and Pumpkin, Sunshine, and I are going to hang out at the hotel and rest a bit. We've had a rough past couple of days getting ready for our trip and doing all that last minute stuff that tends to pile up right before our trips so naptime is looking good to me right now. I'd planned to take the "kids" back to the park, but it seems to have rained overnight and I just heard thunder so we may be out of luck there. Perhaps Pumpkin and I will take a walk in the Galleria instead while we wait for our cousins from Louisiana to arrive.

It's now nearly 11am here so I guess we'll start by changing out of our pj's, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment