114 Hours

I fear my son is having a harder and harder time being apart from us as his "vacation" stretches on. He's been exceptionally whiny and/or cranky the last few times I've talked to him on the phone. Earlier this evening, his (paternal) grandfather went to pick him up to take him out for pizza, but according to my mom, Pumpkin burst out crying and saying that he didn't want to go!

I guess, in a way, I understand...I think. He's probably exhausted and feeling all out of sorts by now. My mom tells me that he's become a "chicle" and barely lets her out of his sight anymore. Compare his current behavior to that of his first week in Texas without us, and there's a marked difference. I feel so bad for him that I almost started to look up last-minute airfare to go get him, but I held back. The cost of booking a flight all the way home is prohibitive under most circumstances but especially so at the last minute, and I'd need to buy 2 tickets. Not to mention, the ticket he has for his trip from San Antonio to Denver next week would pretty much go to waste once you factor in rebooking fees. So no go. He and I will both have to make do without each other for a while longer. 114 hours to be exact. Hang on, baby. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment