Percy Jackson and The Olympians



I just wanted to tell y'all about a fun book series I read during my sojourn in Texas. It's called Percy Jackson and the Olypians. The first book is The Lightning Thief, a rip-roaring ride, which I hear is to be made into a movie soon.

Incidentally, I'm feeling half & half about that. The only movie I've ever seen that mirrored its print version and didn't ruin it for its readers was The Princess Bride, a movie I still love to this day! The Harry Potter movies were also pretty good at keeping in tune with the books, but for obvious reasons, the studios had to cut out a lot of the book details in the movie versions so....half & half. All other movies that started as books that I've ever seen didn't go nearly as well. I guess we'll see.

Anyway, if you're looking for something fun to do this summer, pick up The Lightning Thief and read it! I promise you won't regret it. And, if you're not a "reader," don't worry. This series is written for grades 5-9. I'm sure you can handle it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment