Night Sweats and Nightmares

Strep Throat.  As you can guess, my "good" feeling was short-lived.  As before, I woke up that morning covered in sweat and feeling mighty cruddy so I once again sent Pumpkin to school with the neighbors while Giggles and I paid my doctor a visit.  I opted to take the injected antibiotic rather than pills because I doubted I could swallow the pills anyway, but I just didn't want to wait 10 days to get better.

After my visit, I dropped Giggles off at a daycare then came home and lay down to rest.  My neighbor, God bless her, called me in the afternoon and offered to pick Pumpkin up after school. I agreed and lay down again.  Next thing I knew, Pumpkin was home.  He was excited to finally be visiting Giggles' daycare with me.  Don't ask me why, but that boy loves drop-in daycare centers.  When we lived in Denver, he often asked me to take him to the one at the mall, haha.  After a light dinner, I had enough energy to do a few chores around the house, but all too soon, my energy started petering out so I quickly bathed the kids, locked the dog up, and we all went to bed.

That was Tuesday.

Repeat wash and rinse for Wednesday.

Repeat for Thursday....except I was finally able to take Pumpkin to school myself.  I was planning on keeping Giggles home but quickly realized I wasn't quite up to the task after all.  Hello, drop-in daycare!


More importantly....tonight is the memorial mass for the daughter of a friend of mine from Colorado.  This is a picture of the little girl, taken earlier this year.  She and her family moved to Texas a few months before we did, and the little girl died as a result of of an auto accident near their home in The Woodlands.  Reportedly, the other driver (the one who caused the accident) was drinking prior to the accident. 

My friend and I were in the same mom's group back in Denver, and we, along with about a dozen other moms, were pregnant at the same time with our seconds (or thirds in some cases).  She and I hadn't managed to meet up since moving to Texas.  We were casual friends at best, but I'd hoped we would see them again at some point and that our daughters could play together every so often.  I'm ashamed that the first time we'll say hello again will be as we say goodbye to her sweet baby. 

Rest in peace, angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment