This Always Happens

The day before QT left on his week-long trip to Denver, I started feeling odd.  It started with some pressure in my face (from sinuses) and then I started feeling a bit weak.  By Sunday night, I was feverish, my throat hurt, and I ached so much all over that I could barely stand upright.

I'm home alone with the kids, so of course I still have to do what needs to be done.  Kids need to eat, and they poop, and the dog has to go outside.  They both got cereal for breakfast, and the neighbor was able to take Pumpkin to school, thank God.  Poor Giggles, all she had to eat during the day was some leftover mac-n-cheese and a TON of Cheerios.  Oh, I think I was able to get her a yogurt drink out of the fridge too, haha.  I was too nauseated to eat, but I forced myself to drink water and eat a cracker every so often.  After we picked Pumpkin up from school, I made myself drive to Whataburger to get the kids some food.  I was in so much pain, I wanted to cry, but I was afraid they wouldn't get to eat otherwise.

They gobbled down their food, but later that evening, Pumpkin asked me if I felt "good enough to make us something like dinner?"  My poor babies!  I have been so useless all day.  After dinner, and as soon as I could rationalize it, I bathed the kids, took the dog and the trash out, and put everyone to bed, myself included!  It was about 7:30 by the time I was done, and Giggles fell asleep instantly.  Pumpkin, on the other hand, was up for a while.  I think he was worried about me.  In his prayers, he asked God to make his mommy get better, and when he saw me shivering uncontrollably, he scooted closer in bed to help warm me up and then offered to bring me another blanket.  So sweet!!

It's nearly midnight now.  About an hour ago, I woke up completely drenched in sweat.  I literally flicked a bead of sweat off of my forehead.  Ugh.  I realized that I felt better, not quite as achy, so I guess the fever must have peaked after we fell asleep.  I debated just going back to sleep, but instead, I got up and showered.  And, I really do feel much better.  I'm even able to sit at the computer, ha!  Going back to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment