To The Pain

Chock full of energy one day, I decided to tackle some heavy lifting around the house, and I somehow managed to seriously injure my right foot.  Perhaps it was when I slammed the ladder down on my (previously unremarkable) bunion.  Who knows.  It's a mystery.  Anyhoo, I'd been taking a Zumba class at the neighborhood exercise center since we'd moved here, and I didn't return to finish the week thinking I'd take a couple days off and return the following week.  WRONG.

So wrong.  By the end of that week, my entire foot hurt so much that I was hobbling around barely able to put shoes on, much less walk in them.  Even my other foot had started hurting by then since I was basically hopping around on it all day trying to stay off the injured one.  In desperation, I ordered some weird rubbery foot pad on Amazon and felt stable enough a few days later to attempt to continue my ambitious organizing/unpacking project.  DUMB - SQUARED.

While carrying a box and overcompensating for my still unhealed foot, I twisted my back.  ARGH!  With back pain, I would normally just pop a few pills and keep going, but as luck would have it, I was all out of meds.  And I hadn't yet found myself a local doctor.  So, I had to drag myself (and Giggles) to a clinic near our neighborhood, talked to a nice doctor, and got my drugs.

All that happened the week before Halloween.  Believe it or not, I'm still not able to walk properly on my right foot.  I'm walking well enough around the house, but I'm still using the weird rubbery foot pad thingamajigy to go out because I'm afraid of ending up stranded at the grocery store halfway through the bread aisle and not being able to get back to my car.

So...I'm feeling a bit bored and restless.  I've already watched Seasons 1 & 2 of The Closer (on DVD).  I've already watched a movie (Date Night, which was surprisingly funny), and I've already read a couple of new books and even reread a couple of old faves.  I look forward to regaining my mobility SOON.  Next week will be the true test because QT's going out of town for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment