Co-Captain's Log: Day 2

Stardate 23122008

We've been driving for what feels like an eternity yet it feels like we're no closer to our destination than when we started. Before we left, I told the captain to expect this, but I don't think that even I'd really expected this. Nothing to do now but ride it out, I suppose. I wish a giant bird would just swoop out of the sky, pluck our vehicle off the ground, and fly us the rest of the way...because then we'd get all the benefits of air travel without the hassle...well, without bathrooms too but since we'd arrive in fairly short order, we could just *hold* it.

The reason our trip is taking this long is probably obvious to all who know us. It's the wee ones needing their exercise, potty breaks, sustenance, etc. Then, of course, there's the getting everyone BACK in the truck. That's easily another 15-20 minutes right there. Nevertheless, I'm feeling pretty good right now. It's quiet in the truck, our wireless Internet is finally working again, and I can still feel my butt. All reasons to celebrate in my book.

Actually, the kids and dog (and even QT) are all behaving remarkably well on this trip. I expected nothing less from Pumpkin and his dog, but I wasn't sure how Giggles would handle this road trip given her history of histrionics on our daily 30-minute drive to/from Pumpkin's school. The problems only occur when we stop for the night, and everyone's wide awake because they've slept all the way there. LOL

Now, it's time for me to begin my nightly ritual of searching for suitable lodging for 2 adults, 2 kids, and a dog. It's not as easy as it sounds when you're out in the boonies...not unless you want to stay at a place called the Sleep Tite 9 or something along those lines. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment