Giggles

Pumpkin has a new nickname for his baby sister...Giggles. How cute is that? As I sit here this morning in my underwear feeding Giggles with one arm, typing with the other, and with Sunshine sitting on my legs, I wonder...how did I come to this?

Well, I'll tell you. I went out this morning to clear a spot on the grass on which Sunshine could go potty. I didn't realize how deep the snowdrifts in the backyard were so I sank right in getting my pants and socks covered in snow. If it were already midday, I wouldn't care, but gosh-darn-it-all, it's barely morning and I had only been wearing my clothes for about 15 minutes when they got wet. So I threw them in the dryer. And so I sit here in my underwear while they dry.

Elsewhere this morning, my parents are meeting with Father Davis at their local Catholic Church to find out if he's going to grant us a personal baptism for Giggles. For you non-Catholics, here's a quick lesson in Catholic baptisms. Usually, they're held on certain days of the month and everyone has to get them done at the same time. Since we'd be coming in from about 18 hours away (actual driving time only), we cannot make it to their last scheduled baptism this month so we're asking for a special ceremony for Giggles for the last weekend of the month. We'd like to get this done back home since that's where all our family is. Plus, that's where the godparents live. So, we're waiting to find out.

Oops, gotta run. It's almost time to pick Pumpkin up from school. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment