Fall 2008 EEC Culmination

On Wednesday, Pumpkin's class had their "culmination," which is basically a school program in which they recite little poems and sing and dance a bit to show us what they've been learning this semester. The topic this semester was food--where it comes from, what it's about, how to count it, measure it, textures, etc...so their culmination was also about food.

We didn't realize what the culmination entailed until the day before it was to happen so QT was unable to attend since he'd already scheduled a meeting for that morning. Bella and I were there; however, and I took a few short videos for QT. I also meant to post them on youtube to show everyone back home, but as it turns out, the finished product that our DVDR camcorder provides us is not transferable to anything online. Argh! As QT will attest, nothing gets under my skin like electronic/computer issues that I can't resolve....or rather, that take more time to resolve than I'm willing to give, haha. So, I've been sitting here for 2 days trying out all sorts of programs, dealing with stupid Windows error messages, and cursing these blasted machines the whole time trying to figure out a way to make this work. I mean, there HAS to be a way, right? If we could put a man on the moon....blah blah blah.

Nope. Wrong.

I thought I'd finally found a method, but when I tried previewing it just now, all I got was audio and now it's stuck on uploading so we'll see if it actually publishes video as well. I mean, we'll see if it publishes anything.

Ok, now, I'm really ticked off. I've wasted 3 days trying to figure this thing out, and it's just not going anywhere. My problem is that I can't seem to stop. I want to give up, but as soon as I have a minute, I'm back here again trying yet another approach...all to no avail. Well, I finally went el-cheapo route and just recorded it off of the tv screen (see below). It looks dark and crappy, but I'm afraid that's as good as it's gonna get online. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment