A Day Like Today

I have had the utmost shittiest day today. I won't bother with the details, but suffice to say that at various times today, I dreamt of running away, screaming, crying, banging my head on the steering wheel, and all of the above at once. Probably other things too, but this is one instance in which my poor memory will work to my benefit. By tomorrow, probably the only memory I'll have of this incredibly lousy day will be this post. In fact, all of today's emotions are fading like mist even as I try to exorcise them by writing them down so perhaps I won't even have this post to remind me. I guess this really is for the best. Why would I even want to remember?

Still, scattered amongst the jagged events that made up my day today were a few sweet images and feelings that make a day like today tolerable...I mean, survivable, haha. BG's face lighting up with a big smile when she saw me peeking in on her. Pumpkin curling up beside me and brushing my hair while I read to him. Pumpkin giving BG her pacifier. BG cooing and smiling at Pumpkin. (That was perhaps the sweetest image I had all day.)

2 comments:

  1. Hmph....I hope "my day" goes a little better. Turdy-nein...ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Joe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete