Election 2008

Wow! I seriously never thought I'd see the day. Barack Obama, a (half) black man (1/2 black not 1/2 man ;), was just elected President of these United States. And, our adopted home state of Colorado and our county in particular played an important part in making this happen. :)



The pundits keep saying that everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when the election was called tonight. I was sitting on the sofa using the breast pump while QT held a sleeping BG. What a thing to remember, haha.

2 comments:

  1. My friend "the Oz" emailed the following from Australia last night:

    "I was just reading your blog and I'm not sure if you are aware of how much the rest of the world was following the US election. It affects us greatly who is leading the US as our Prime Minister pretty much does whatever they say (largely because we need the protection of the US military as we have very little of our own).

    I found it hard to keep the tears at bay while Chloe was asking me why this election is so important. What a great day for America. I hope that his safety is in good hands."

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your lips to God's ears, friend (is that how the saying goes?). -Pine

    ReplyDelete