Why Aren't I Asleep?!

Beats me. Everyone else in the house is. Even the dog is asleep beside me. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here surfing the 'Net and listening to holiday music on Comcast cable. Sad thing is, they play the same dang holiday songs over and over and over. And, WHO THE HELL IS BILLY GILPIN?!!! He's got a lot of songs on this channel, and I've never even heard of this kid. Bah!

I'm not really in a pissy mood. (I'm just drawn that way, hehe.) I actually had a pretty decent day. We had Pumpkin's parent/teacher conference this afternoon. It went well, I suppose. My biggest question for his teachers was, "does (Pumpkin) really belong in a school like this?" According to Miss Danielle and Miss Shelly, this is the question most of their EEC parents ask. Oh, okay. Anyway, they assured me that, by his social interactions and participation in classroom activities, Pumpkin does display true signs of "giftedness." Hmph. I'm not sure if I'm completely convinced, but since we're already paid up for the whole school year, we'll just keep at it...though I don't look forward to continuing with my daily drive through hell to pick him up from school everyday (b/c of Bella's screaming all the way there and back, UGH!).

Don't get me wrong. I agree that Pumpkin is very intelligent; I'm just not sure he's any more intelligent than other kids his age. Then again, he is so articulate and knowledgeable that I tend to *forget* that he's still only 3 and often catch myself speaking to him like he's much older. But that's not all the time. Usually, I'm content to let him tear around the house with Sunshine doing what they do best, which is tear stuff up, haha.

In case you're wondering what's so special about this school, here's a glimpse of what they've *learned* so far this semester:


Isotrophy
Buoyancy
Gravity
Fractions
Music (they enjoyed a performance by some members of the Colorado Symphony)
Spanish

A bunch of other high-falutin' stuff too, but as y'all know, my memory is completely shot so that's all I can think of right now. Now, it's time to hit the sack. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment