Life with BG #4

BG has been smiling for a couple of weeks now, but I just had to mention that she gave me a big ole' smile today!! It would've meant more if she hadn't also given the cat a big ole' grin just a couple minutes later, haha. Still, at least now I know for sure that she recognizes me. The books all say she was born recognizing at least my voice, but as I'm not prone to blind faith in any *theories,* it's nice to finally have some proof. And, I have to say, she is just the cutest little thing when she smiles and coos. It just makes me want to hug her and squeeze her and call her George.

I'd post a picture of her smiling, but I haven't taken one yet. Come to think of it, I've hardly broken out the camera at all or taken any pictures of her just lying around doing nothing in particular like I did of Pumpkin when he was a baby. Oh, no. Can it be? 2nd child syndrome! It happened to me! It can happen to you.

It's after midnight now, and BG is asleep, but I know now what I must do. Tomorrow, just as soon as I get everyone settled in for the morning (which means after both kids have eaten and after I call the pediatrician's office and after I've taken Sunshine outside to potty and cleaned his room and after I've given Pumpkin his neb treatments and after I feed BG again (b/c she'll be ready to eat again by then) and after I finally scarf down a piece of bread or something so that I don't faint from hunger), I will take my camera and sit on the floor to play with BG and snap some pictures of her! Gosh darn it all, I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment