Cocktail Playdates

Someone brought this up in my playgroup so I decided to check out the bit on The Today Show about Cocktail Playdates. So, it appears that the fine folks on television believe moms who drink in front of their kids are Evil. The implication is that if we (moms) should decide to have a glass of wine during a playdate, we won't be able to stop at one, and we'll wind up having chugging contests with shooters and chasers, and afterwards, we'll tear out of there in our minivans, half-baked, with empty bottles and unbelted kids flying out of the windows. Uh-huh. That's just ludicrous.

I think, for the most part, we moms can be trusted to know our own limits and to do what's best for our children. As for drinking in front of our kids.....when I was a kid, my parents used to have their friends and relatives over for parties and BBQs, and they all drank in front of my sibs and I, and none of us turned out to be lushes or losers or antisocial or psychotic. On the contrary, of all us sibs, I probably drink the most, and the last time I even had a drink was 3 months ago on my birthday. This really is a non-issue for me cuz I don't even like wine so nevermind....

It's 2am now, and I'm still frigging awake. Earlier today, I was feeling a bit melancholy. Now, I'm only feeling overheated from holding this damned laptop on my chest as I lie in bed. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment