Family Visit

So, anyway, back to Christmas. We returned from Texas on December 25th. Accompanying us on the trip were my mom, my sister Chela, her hubby Coach, and their kids Ron and Liss. Needless to say, Pumpkin was thrilled to have them here for a whole week.

Even though I'd seen pictures of the snow, I still wasn't prepared for the road conditions in our neighborhood when we finally drove up. It felt like we were off-roading...in the colonias! It totally blew my mind, but in a cool way.

Since the state was still recovering from the blizzard, we weren't able to drive up to Breckenridge or Estes Park or pretty much anywhere outside a 20 mile radius from home, but there was more than enough snow outside our front door to keep us entertained.










That's Ron sledding in our cul-de-sac, Lis & Pumpkin on Mt.Driveway, and Chela & Ron with their MiniMan.



QT and Coach did a good job of clearing off our driveway so that we could get my car out of the garage and take in some sights (nearby of course).

Since his cousins were going to be in town on Pumpkin's actual birth date, we threw him a little impromptu birthday party. My assistants Ron and Liss helped prepare the cake, the goodie bags, and the party grub. Despite the snow, a couple of our friends managed the trek to our house to party with us, and they are so sweet that they even braved the weather to buy him gifts before coming over. Here's Pumpkin with one of his lovely gifts - a fire truck (almost life-size, hehe).

I enjoyed having my family around, and I was saddened to see them go. My heart positively broke when Pumpkin woke up from his nap after they'd gone and ran to the guest room looking for his cousins. Being a kid, he's quite resilient and recovered quickly, but he hasn't forgotten and continues to ask for them on a daily basis. Here's a typical exchange:
Q: Adda?
A: She's at school, baby.
Q: Gamma?
A: She's at work, baby.
Q: I yov you Gamma.
A: She loves you too, baby.

Ugh...my heart is still breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment