Pumpkin's 2y/o Pics

Since I was sidelined by a back injury for most of January, I was behind in getting Pumpkin's 2nd year portraits made. (yeah, let's just go ahead and blame the back injury, shall we? ;). As soon as I was able to walk again, I took him to a new place here called Portrait Innovations. Pretty cool deal: $9.99 for a buttload of pics. 'Course, they got me with the other poses so I ended up spending ten times as much as that, but even so, I felt the place was affordable considering I now have more copies of these pics than I can shake a stick at PLUS a photo CD (cool!). Here's a sample of some of the rejects:

In the first pose, Pumpkin's saying "bear" in ASL (the photographer was holding a teddy bear). In the next, he's hugging a cat. I'm not a big fan of the "numbered blocks" they use in kids' birthday portraits, and apparently, neither is Pumpkin cuz he kept refusing to sit on the #2 block they provided. He even tried to move the block off the "stage" as you can see in this 3rd pose, hehe. I don't remember why the 4th pose was rejected-he's got an awfully cute grin (or maybe he was singing ??).

*******************
I've had the pics for over a week now. If I'm not careful, they'll end up where all of Pumpkin's other portraits have ended up. That is, sitting in a giant envelope filed away somewhere in our office for time everlasting. Today being Sunday and not much going on, I finally decided to sit down and start addressing some envelopes and get these pics out before next Christmas.

*******************
QT and Pumpkin retreated upstairs over an hour ago for a little afternoon nap, and I've been at this since way before that. My hands are cramped from cutting photo sheets and from writing Pumpkin's info on the backs of all the pics. There is some good news though! Going through my address book today, I've rediscovered more than one long-lost email address (and have even taken a few moments to send some quick emails in the hopes that the addresses aren't so old that the host sites don't even exist anymore). After doing that, I also decided to take another few minutes to document this momentous occasion in my blog. :)

Well, breaktime's over, and it's back to the grindstone for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the moving block picture hahaha ... he's like "Dude, this is cramping my style"

    ReplyDelete